Dodman Limited are equipment manufacturers for the Food Industry and supply a number of leading brands. Established 1991, due to controlled expansion, we are now setting up a new Laser Cutting facility, which will be operational in Spring 2022.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is ideally an experienced Laser Programmer / Estimator, to run our new laser cutting facility here in Norfolk. Responsible for the daily delivery of projects to both internal and external customers, developing new and existing business opportunities, generating quotes, following up with clients and overseeing the running of the plant.
The new Laser facility will not only complement our established design, manufacturing, and installation teams. It will also enhance our expanding sub-contracting base throughout the UK.
We are looking for an experienced Laser Programmer with an estimating background to work within our new Laser facility, based in King’s Lynn
There’s a very attractive package to work in an expanding family business
Hours (40 hours) – overtime is available
25 days annual leave
Enhanced company contribution pension scheme (8% after probationary period) Access to a substantial number of courses and further training
Contract: Full time, Permanent
- Programming a Bystronic Laser and press brakes
- To Manufacture precision detailed sheet metal components including the set up and use of a Bystronic laser
- Liaising with customers.
- Setting up and preparing machines before and after production
- Responsible for the daily delivery of projects to internal and external customers, developing new and existing business opportunities, generating quotes, and following up with clients.
- Ensure project materials and tooling are ordered to timescale and budget
- Process customer drawing requirements accurately
- Ensuring products meet specification and match technical drawings
- Inspecting and maintaining quality control before and after production
- Maximising production by organising and managing time well
- Responsible for ensuring the high standard of housekeeping is maintained
- To support team members with other tasks as and when necessary
- Responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety Policies are adhered to
- Assisting operators and helping train
- Set up and maintain contract files to company procedures
- To work closely with other Departments includes Design Office, Assembly, Machine Shop, and Fabrication
- Carrying out estimations of laser cutting profiles using Bysoft software – this software is preferred but not essential as training can be provided if required
- Previous experience in Laser Cutting essential
- Able to modify customers files for manufacturing
- Responsible for quality checking own work and raising issues to the Manager
- Follow up sales quotations in an effective and timely manner
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of setting and operating CNC laser
- A strong understanding of the sales process of sub-contracted laser cutting
- Precision Sheet Metal work experience
- Ability to read engineering drawing
- CAD experience essential
- Ability to use engineering measuring equipment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, a valued team member and a positive face to face and telephone manner